Do I Need A Separate License To Use Built In Music Tracks?

The sound effects and music tracks in GoAnimate are pre-licensed and provided to you royalty free, as part of every GoAnimate subscription. A separate license is not required.

However, the following limitations apply. Any video created on GoAnimate that uses text-to-speech tracks may not be:

1)  Distributed via broadcast or cable television, commercial (theatrical) film, or radio, as either entertainment or advertisements.

2)  Sold in high volume to the general public. High volume is defined as "more than 1000 copies" and includes copies provided on DVD, CD, embedded into video games, embedded into apps, or made available for download or streaming.

If you intend to sell more than 1,000 copies of a video, you should import your own music and sound effect tracks. Learn how to add your own audio here.

Learn more about broadcast rights and creating videos for use in traditional broadcast media.


Have more questions? Submit a request